Last week Monday saw the kick off (or cast on) to the #bangoutasweater knit along with Kay and Anne and Friday afternoon saw me bind off a complete sweater.
Yes, that is right, in 35 hours a sweater was born.
Ever since discovering the wonder that is 100 Acts of Sewing, I have been busy stitching up an assortment of Dress No. 2 frocks and one Dress No. 3 are completed. I am seriously in love with them, so much so I now have three tunic-style frocks from the Dress No 2 pattern, one lovely linen dress with some divine linen I got here. IN ADDITION, I have a lovely linen/cotton blend Dress No. 3.
I am still working through the warp from before Christmas, and I have this lovely skein of yarn I spun from ITW. It is 75/25 BFL and Tussah Silk from their December 2014 Luxe Club, colorway ‘Flounce’.
I started weaving late yesterday and I hope to finish the remaining yarn today.
And finish the laundry.
I find pairing the fun with the mundane works well, don’t you?Read More
Carole sure knows how to relieve the Winter Doldrums with this week’s 10 on Tuesday:
You’ve been kidnapped! List the 10 TV show characters you would want to help you.
Well, you know this is bound to be loads of fun!
Also, bonus in that if you are still working feverishly to #bangoutasweater queue up any of these and you will be finished in no time!
Here is my Come Save Me and Quick list:
- Harry Pearce and his MI-5 Team – I am pretty sure they can get anyone out of anything!
- Detective Inspector Alec Hardy and Detective Sergeant Ellie Miller – are both excellent at solving difficult crimes, even ones that happen in their own homes!
- Kurt Wallander – and he can bring something to drink! Although I loved the BBC version also!
- Vera – because Ann Cleeves…
- Sherlock, yes please!
- Foyle would make complete sense out of everything!
- Luther, in case you need to walk the fine line between legal and not…
- Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison for her dogged determination
- DCI Banks for his stubborn tenacity
- George Gently, because sometimes old school is the best!
Anyone on this list would get the job done! Also, if you are looking for a recommendation for viewing this list is it!
Happy Tuesday everyone!Read More